Thursday, August 16, 2012

I've got a feelin'....

You know that feeling you get right before you're about to do something you've been waiting FOREVER to do....those butterflies....the anxious anticipation.....the googling of EVERYTHING related to the topic of adventure.....well that's the kinda feelin I have as I anxiously await the first day of the clinical portion of nursing school.
 Shit's about to get real....and I'm stoked! 

Disclaimer: This post is about to get uber cheesy and uber nurse "moto" --- Sorry but if I don't do it now...my moment will have eluded me and I can't bypass a chance to be a super nerd.

Every night as I lay in bed I can't help but have images of IV starting, needles, blood, and emergency situations dancing in my head. I've "liked" every nursing page possible on Facebook and am loving every minute of reading advice and words of wisdom from those who have come before me. I can't help but feeling like I'm about to truly enter a profession where my future co-workers share my passion...and that my friends is a WONDERFUL feeling.


One of my fav readings so far is this article about new nurses.
As I read peoples comments and experiences....I can't help but wonder if I will feel these things. I know my experience will be different than some when it comes to certain "firsts" because I've already had a lot of "firsts" at the hospital. I can't help but be thankful for all the desensitization I've experienced/witnessed over the past year and a half (who would have thought I would have ever said I'm thankful for poop/vomit/other forms of defecation)....as I now how more room on my board for other things....hopefully leaving room for a little less of those overwhelming "I want to cry" experiences (I've had those too and they really suck).



The more I read, the more I Google, the more I want to be the best nursing student/future nurse I can be. I can't wait to hit the books this year...and hopefully practice and master a few of my skills on friends and consenting loved ones.

Get ready for more future nurse cartoons and all things nursing reading material...
I've got the nursing school back to school bug!


No comments: