Friday, July 1, 2011

Dream land.....

Last night I had the CRAZIEST dream....and it ended with me blogging about my dream....and for some reason I felt that for good juju....I should probably blog about it...

So I was in some pool (which is weird b/c they don't have many pools around here) just swimmin around....and I felt like somebody was swimming underneath my legs (which was also weird b/c there was nobody in the pool but me)---insert freaky lighting and weird vibes here--- at the time I felt someone swimming underneath me I saw bubbles coming to the surface and this body came up face down RIGHT in my face....and as I pulled the back of the head/hair to see the face it was this weird looking dude that appeared to be VERY intoxicated to the point of almost not breathing but his eyes were open (which also gave me super freaky vibes). And in the midst of being INSANELY freaked out....my "nursing" instinct kicked in. Without skipping a beat I pulled him up on the side of the pool (that instantly became the pool that my mom works -- at the rec center) and I told someone to call 911 (b/c apparently all of a sudden lifeguards--who did nothing might I add--and other people just appeared). I cut off his shirt (which I'm still not sure why he was wearing a shirt in a pool b/c he wasn't fat--he was pretty buff) whipped out my stethoscope and sphygmomanometer...took a set of vitals...and when the ambulance arrived gave a full report to the paramedics.

What struck me after I woke up from the dream was how insanely calm I was...inspite of all the weird freakiness that was all up in the dream. And it kind of got me excited....I'm taking the dream as a sign that I'm getting closer to being fully confident in emergency situations.....and that my friends....is insanely exciting to me!

2 comments:

-jameson- said...

FREEEEEAKY!!!! BUT I just ready your post about that book your reading earlier today and it seems like it's really getting through to you and you're learning a lot from it! The dream is most def proof of that!!! hooray!!! miss you lauver!

Stacy said...

K but if you pull me out of the pool one day, will you forgo the stethoscope and just go ahead and do CPR to increase my chances of survival? No mouth to mouth required. Thanks twomom! :P