Thursday, September 15, 2011

Testing round 1...

...crossing my fingers for good out comes!!
First tests of the semester are always tough....you're trying to figure out how professors make out their tests....you're not sure how to study exactly....and you really want to start strong (nothing sucks more than starting out with a super huge uphill battle ahead of you!)
Studying--I focused mostly on physiology....and so of course I feel like I did better on that test....it turns out nutrition is going to be tougher than I thought! The professor asked way more "application" type questions (I hate those...it seems like I always over think them). I'm just hoping for a solid starting point *fingers crossed*

Work has been kicking my butt (and that is an understatement). Ever since our "summer 10" people left its been short staffed central. I worked this past weekend (with one of the most incompetent Na's we have)...and with lots of heavy care patients....it was a MISERABLE weekend.( I'm hoping this weekend is easier....because I have a hard couple of weeks ahead and it would be nice to start out the marathon work/school stretch with some easiness) Unfortunately I'm on morning shift--which I hate-- and there is a home football game (and in case you didn't kno...the stadium is literally right across the street from the hospital....which should make for some interesting parking/traffic situations). Needless to say I'm nervous thinking about the work load...and the traffic. I'm also worried about my work/school schedule for the next few weeks....twice on the schedule I'm working on a day I also have class...and I'm totally not looking forward to going to class all morning and then going directly to work all night...I don't know where I'm going to find the strength to get through these tough days....but *fingers crossed* I find it somewhere inside of me...I have a feeling I'm going to have to dig deep.

On another note....it's fall here in Iowa! We had our first frost last night.......I wore my first hoodie of the season today.....and it feels fabulous! We've had window's open and I've planted some mums!!! While I'm not looking forward to winter....I'm definitely enjoying FALL! Hoping to go pick apples at a local orchard (yes we have those here...kinda weird) this weekend after work....and the 24th is Kalona's Fall Festival that we're planning on going to! Lots to look forward to!


Things on my To Do List:
  • Diet Analysis for Nutrition (I hope to blog about once the project is done....it's been very interesting/informing and I can't wait to get the restlts!)
  • Organizing my craft projects for winter!! (I want to have a "stock" of things to keep me busy during these cold winter months ahead!)

No comments: