Friday, February 24, 2012

Never the same.....

There are few instances where one experiences a true tragedy in life.....however in my job....it's all around me....what seems like all the time....and sometimes....my mind just won't let me escape it.Somedays it seems that for every joy a person feels, someone else at that exact moment is experiencing an equal and opposite emotion....tragedy. I can honestly say, I've never had to experience true tragedy in my life....and if I'm lucky...maybe I never will. But to see death all around me...to see loved ones hurt so bad..to see pain from loss....how difficult it must be to make a loved ones last decision.....and on the other side of the same coin it must be as equally hard to let them go.

In March I will have worked as an nursing assistant for one whole year....and I can honestly say.... I will forever be changed..... the patients and the nurses who have taught me so much more than I could have ever imagined, and by the everyday happenings of a Medical Cardiology unit.....all of it.....an experience I never would have even imagined for myself a year ago....
There are moments during this year that I will remember for the rest of my life....and there are moments I will be trying to forget for the rest of my life.....but I know the stories of tragedy will always tug at my heart strings as I try and remember the stories of triumph and strength. There is one thing I know for sure....I will hold my loved ones a little closer to my heart....and cherish every single moment...no matter how big or small......it only takes an instant for our lives to change.....and after they do....we're never the same......

No comments: