Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"...if not you...who......if not now...when..."

     Three months ago it was not uncommon for me to find myself alone in my office...staring off into space....on the verge of tears....wondering "what the hell am I doing?!" .... < insert quarter life crisis here >
On the outside...my life probably seemed like everything was on the up and up.....I finished college...I found a great job (for the most part)....and spent 2 (ish) years with a great group of people (who I'll always consider friends)...I found the love of my life who makes me the happiest girl on the planet...and I have a group of friends who are nothing short of fabulous....but on the inside....something was missing......and I knew...something had to give.....
....alot of people had negative things to say about my decision to go after my dreams....there were alot of reasons why I shouldn't go into nursing....but sometimes all you need is one reason why you should....so I turned in my notice....quit my job....and started classes in the College of Nursing at USC this past August..... and so far....I don't think I could have made a better decision.....when you really find your calling....when you figure out what it is that you're supposed to be doing with your life.....everything else just seems to fall into place.....and for the record...let me just say...I truly believe in my heart of hearts....that nursing is my calling......

There isn't going to be a single thing about this whole entire process that is going to be easy....but if there is one thing I'm sure of...it is that nothing in life that's worth having...ever came easy.....so here's where the long, hard road begins.....there are going to be many twists and turns, late nights and early mornings.....there will probably be a few pit stops, speed bumps, and road blocks along the way.....but I know that when I finally get to where I'm going....I'll be thankful for all the places that I've been....

So to remember it all....and so you guys can laugh, and learn, and experience it all right along with me....I bring to you this blog.....follow my confessions....as I hopefully make it out of this on the other side of the fence....

No comments: