Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cross those fingers!!!!

I'm soooo stoked!!! I never thought I would be so excited to have even the POSSIBILITY of a job....but I am beyond ecstatic! I got a call yesterday from the HR department at the hospital saying "who they hell are you and why have you applied for 7684936749375834976839475839 nursing assistant jobs...wtf gurrrrlll" (in not those exact words but something kinda like it)
So I told her I was hoping to get into the nursing program in a year after finishing up some science classes, and I was interested in getting into the field and getting some experience. And let me just say....she was sooooo nice! She went through every nursing assistant job I applied for (and let me tell you...applying for multiple positions every day for the past month totally added up to a metric shit ton) and figured out which one would work best with my afternoon availability. She THEN set up 3 meetings for me on Friday....one with her to do some paperwork, then with the nurse manager in the Cardiology unit, the Neurology unit, and the OR!
All of the nurse managers I interview with then set down together and discuss how rock awesome I am, and decide where I would fit in best and HOPEFULLY...if all the stars align...and everyone crosses their fingers, toes, eyeballs, legs, and hold their tounges just right...I will hopefully get a call back with a job offer within a week or two! THEN, the week of Spring Break, I'll be attending orientation from 8-4:30 and after that....I'll OFFICIALLY be a nursing assistant!!! I'm really hoping for either neurology or the OR....but will take any experience that God has in store for me.
I know I'm probably waaay too excited to be getting a job wiping butts, cleaning up puke, and pushing wheel chairs....but getting in the environment, learning the lingo, and meeting people who share the same passion I do...is really what I'm excited about. (well that and getting a paycheck). I know I'm going to be on the bottom of the toteum pole, getting the shitty end of every deal (literally), but I think that's what makes climbing to the top that much sweeter when you get there! I think starting at the bottom builds character, makes you stronger, and when its all said and done...you're better than all the rest!
So bring on the grossest messes, the bloodiest clean ups, the smelliest situations, the meanest doctors, and the awful days I'm sure are ahead of me....I'm ready to be the best of the best, the top of the class, the greatest little shit shoveler you've ever seen! Bring it! I'm ready!

On a different note...and while your fingers are crossed....David and I also have our CHOICE of 2 AWESOME apartments...and will hopefully come to a decision and be in a place of our own by the first weekend in March!!! We have a lot to be thankful for...and are sooo ready to get this party started!!!!!

No comments: