Monday, February 21, 2011

Greatest way EVER to start your week...

TWO amazingly awesome phone calls...FULL of fantastic news....is the only way I know to start a Monday!

First, I got a fantabulous phone call from the sweet lady in the HR department at the hospital...saying that ALL THREE nurse managers I interviewed with on Friday (Cardiology, the OR, AND Neurology) wanted to offer me the nursing assistant job....that means I must have rocked their socks off with my sweet southern charm! So I got to choose which position I wanted....and of course I choose Cardiology!!!!!  I'm soooooo stoked!!!! The nurse manager I interviewed with was soooooo nice....she took me around the unit, introduced me to a few of the nurses (who were also super super nice!!!) and showed me lots of things I'd be doing on a daily basis (i.e. restocking supplies, I/O tally, baths, blood sugar checks, delivering specimens to the lab, helping with transporting patients, and hourly rounds making sure patients are comfortable, making sure the call lights are within reach, making sure the patient doesn't need help to the restroom or help with bedpan, refilling fluids as needed, and reporting to the next shift)--I'll be working roughly 2 days a week and every other weekend (getting extra pay for evening/weekend shifts---basically every shift I'll be working) I'll be working with acute and chronic patients all having some type of underlying heart condition....the unit has 27 beds and is set up in 4 pods usually with 2 N.A's in the day and 2 in the evening with an assignment of 3-4 patients during the day and 4-5 at night. I'm crossing my fingers for some super awesome nurses who are willing to teach me loads of information that will help me learn things for my clinical courses so I can rock those too! Stay tuned for orientation week starting March 14th 8-4:30...and then the real work starts the week after that!!! :)
Be a nerd like me and check out some Cardiology info at UI Hospitals and Clinics

The second phone call came a few hours later....about our apartment that we viewed on Thursday of last week and absolutely LOVED!!!! We are apparently not hard criminals and have good credit...SWEET! Our move in date is set for March 10th (also the birth date of BFF Anna's sweet Ava Kate--aka: baby weavus) with hopes of maybe getting to move some smaller stuff in sometime throughout the week!
Check out the floor plans etc.--pictures will be coming soon!

It looks like everything is finally coming together!!! Can't wait to get settled and start working!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Aw get it!!! I love the apt!

-jameson- said...

Hooray!!!! You didn't tell me y'all got the apartment!!! That's awsome! P.S. Anna just told me that ava kwang is to arrive march 8th now!! So soon!