Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another "first day" of class....

When you really think about it....how ridiculous is it to call the first day of class every semester the "first" day...its like saying everyday when you wake up...its my "first day" of waking up. Its silly.

So another semester begins.....not so bright but definitely early!!! We're talkin 5am here people!!! I forgot how brutal 8am classes are when you don't live 2 buildings down from where your class is (oh the dorm days) .... but it wasn't so bad. Since the parking is outrageous here (with huge snow drifts taking up half of parking lots...and with my history of strong dislike for parking here in general) I decided I would just tough it out and not have a parking pass of my own this semester. With my dad working right across the river at the hospital, I rode in with him this morning....we rode the "cambus" together (which is kind of like campus shuttle system)....and I walked a few blocks to where my 1st class was to meet....the dreaded Chemistry Building. I only got there 30 minutes before class was supposed to meet and let me just tell you this place was a ghost town!!!! NO ONE was in this building....so I explored and found out where my discussion section was supposed to meet, and finally where my class was without looking stupid b/c I had no idea where I was going! (the early bird gets the worm yet again!)

My next class (Animal Bio) was at 9:30 in the same auditorium....score for not having to go out in the snow and book it to another building!!! And let me just say this professor is a joke!!! He was on a total power trip...you know the type...the kind who actually goes over material on the first day....what a douche bag!! He used big words...that sounded hard...but weren't and he even had a whole 5 minute "presentation" on how using cell phones in his class was strictly prohibited....we're talkin power point slides, sound effects and all....REALLY?!  So this class is going to be somewhat torturous to get through I'm sure...not b/c of the material...but b/c this guy is going to totally get on my nerves (stay tuned for future blog posts/facebook statuses dedicated to his ridiculousness).

The good thing about early classes is that you're done before most people even get out of bed....my mom picked me up and I was home before lunch! (P.S. I don't know what I would do without my parents)....Once I get a job and am working I'm sure my days will be jam packed and she won't have to play "car pool lane pick me up" every day....but I'm definitely glad she's available for me when I need her on days like today! :)
So thats all folks....Tuesdays and Thursdays are 8-11 lectures and Monday and Wednesdays are 9:30-10:30 labs/discussions! Couldn't have planned my schedule better if I tried!

Now....lets just work on getting me that job.....

No comments: