Saturday, January 8, 2011

...from the land of snow and ice...

So we made it...and while it still feels a little unreal (kinda like I'm just on vacation)...its been quite the adventure already so far. It all began with a 16 hour car ride through ice, wind, snow, and all kinds of craziness that I'm pretty sure aged me 30 years. While driving a solid 130 something miles through a straight up snow storm from hell...I can honestly say I had a moment where I didn't know if I was going to have a stroke, heart attack, or poo in my pants...thank goodness none of the above took place and we made it out alive...I'm just crossing my fingers now that I never have to do it again...and Daivd can make it through with a lot less stress and a little more time....and for that I think we should all say our prayers!

Day #1 was full of lots of errands...doing things for school/financial aid etc (not very fun...and VERY stressful). It included 3 calls to the IRS...2 incorrect tax return trascript forms...and one insane drive by yours truely in her very first snow storm (ok I exaggerate...snow "flurry")

Day #2 has been WAAAAAYYYY more fun!!! Still lots of driving to get familiar with the campus/city/town/etc. (in the sun!! yay for feeling halfway normal for 2.5 seconds!)...an adventure to find the cupcake shop.....that will hopefully become a staple in all my fav girls trips to see me (as well as a treat to myself for all the A's I'm going to make this semester)

(it was closed...opening back up on Monday...sad times)

...and a trip to the super cute Crazy Girl Yarn Shop....where I found my new Thursday activity..."Knit and Wine"....


For the past 3 days temperatures have been from the low 20's...all the way to NEGATIVE 7!!! I now realize why bears hybernate...and am STRONGLY considering it myself! Praying I make it through the winter...and desperately needing the love of my pookie bear to keep me warm!!!! (Hurry up February!!!)
In closing I must add...its way more fun "living" with your parents when they're older and a little more "senile" than it was when you were 12 and they were trying to tell you what to do...because while they still try and tell you what to do...its way more fun to laugh "with" them in their senior moments......and remind them how crazy they still are!
That's all for now....from the land of snow and ice....stay tuned for my featured game...guess what random thing this is...where everybody gets to guess... nobody wins a prize ... and I got to take random pictures along the boring ride to iceland!!!

1 comment:

-jameson- said...

i like your picture from the knitting shop :)