Monday, January 24, 2011

Animal Bio

The beginnings of semesters are always so boring....not too much to do except to be a super nerd and read through things and anticipate whats to come...
So as I'm looking through my Animal Bio lab manual....I'm starting to get a little nervous...cats, and pigs, mice, and beef eyes...oh my! I know I have to get used to cutting into things, and sticking things with sharp objects (i.e. needles)  .... but being the animal lover that I am...to think that a poor animal had to die for me to cut it up and learn is beyond saddening....especially considering I'm not even totally comfortable with the fact that animals have to die so people can eat them....and at the risk of sounding like a total freak show...what if I cry for these poor animals in front of the class and everybody....I'm totally scared!
Its weird....I'm fine with death when it comes to humans (when it happens in a natural way...and by natural I mean old age, and some cases disease, etc.)....because I mean lets face it...humans can be pretty awful in some cases....but animals are so innocent and are always just minding their own business...and we humans always have to disturb that (case in point of humans being awful)....I'd much rather slice open a dead human and learn that way....especially since I don't think I'll be treating/caring for/nursing cats, pigs, and mice.....

Suggestion for Bio departments everywhere: let the animals live....lets dissect the real things....free the animals... vote cadavers!

1 comment:

-jameson- said...

hahahahahaha!!! we did some rats in high school and it wasn't so bad...but an EYE?!?!?! NO WAY JOSE!!! cayce brought in a big eye in middle school and I couldn't even LOOK at it!!! this also made me think about that thing they did on animaniacs when the kid had to dissect a frog and every time he went to cut it, it jumped up and started singing "hello my lady, hello my darlin, hello my ragtime gaaaal" :) let's hope that doesn't happen to you